Lagahvoll is an independent law firm with strong focus on impartiality and independence. We offer specialised legal services with an emphasis on commercial and financial law.
We represent both large and small companies as well as individuals, including professional investors. Our client list includes financial institutions, private equity funds, UCITS, Non-Ucits, professional and venture funds, corporations and investors.
We have been involved in the field of banking and corporate finance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, debt restructuring and general corporate, competition and commercial law.
Our offices are located on the 4th floor of Bankastræti 5, in the heart of Reykjavík. Most convenient way to get in touch with us is via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org You can also reach us via phone, our number is +354 519 7660.
Attorney at Law
Direct: +354 519 7661
Mobile: +354 864 8587
Established Lagahvoll slf. in January 2012. Prior to that Mr. Bjarnason worked at Icebank, first as a legal advisor from 2002-2005, then as General Counsel and Head of Legal Division from 2006 – 2009, and as General Counsel for the Resolution Committee and the Winding-up Board until2011. Prior to that Mr. Bjarnason worked as a legal advisor for the Icelandic Securities Depository from 1999-2002. Mr. Bjarnason has a LL.M degree from King´s College London in Financial and Company Law, passed the Icelandic Bar Exam in 2000 and is a certified stock broker.
Jóhann Tómas Sigurðsson
Attorney at Law
Direct: +354 519 7662
Mobile: +354 856 0560
Joined Lagahvoll slf. in January 2014. Prior to joining Lagahvoll slf. Mr. Sigurðsson worked at MP banki as Head of Legal and Compliance from 2006 and then head of Corporate Development from September 2011. Before joining MP banki, Mr. Sigurðsson worked as Head of Legal and Compliance at Icebank from 1999. He has a LLM degree in Corporate Law from New York University Law School and passed the Icelandic Bar Exam in 2002 and the New York Bar Exam in 2003. Mr. Sigurðsson has served as board member for a number of Icelandic and international companies. He is also a certified stock broker and a committee Member on Complaints Committee on Transactions with Financial Firms.
Ólafur Freyr Frímannsson
Attorney at Law
Direct: +354 519 7663
Mobile: +354 777 5353
Joined Lagahvoll in late 2015. Prior to joining Lagahvoll slf. Mr. Frimannsson worked at Jonsson & Hall Law Firm from 2008. Ólafur passed the Icelandic Bar Exam in 2008 and is a Certified Real Estate Broker. Ólafur is now studying Masters in Corporate Finance at the University of Reykjavik.
- Banking law
- Financial law
- Securities law
- Corporate law
- Fund services – including UCITS and AIFs
- Bankruptcy law, Contract – and Obligation law
- Commercial law
- Restructuring and Finance
- Consumer law
- Dispute Resolution, including on transactions with financial firms
- Advising, negotiating and drafting a proposed composition agreement for a financial institution in winding-up proceedings.
- Advising, negotiating and drafting documents regarding restructure and finance of a conglomerate with operations and offices outside of Iceland.
- Advising and negotiating a corporate settlement with and between financial institutions.
- Various legal advices for financial institutions, including review of internal rules and documentation.
- Legal advice related to corporate restructuring and refinancing.
- Legal advice and documentation for the incorporation and launch of the first private equity fund in Iceland.
- Legal advice on various issues related to Non-UCITS funds.
Our offices are located on the 4th floor of Bankastræti 5, in the heart of Reykjavík. Entrance is between B5 restaurant and 66°North store.
Most convenient way to get in touch with us is via e-mail, email@example.com
You can also reach us via phone, our number is 519-7660.